Shabby Blogs Background

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Marley!

Today is my eldest daughter's 8th birthday. 8?!?! When the heck did THAT happen?!
Here is the card I whipped up yesterday for her. I wanted it to be girly but not too girly - to match her personality.

My card base is Very Vanilla card stock - I love this soft neutral for cards! 
I started with the cupcakes as that's what we made the other day for her birthday party. The top of the cupcake is Blushing Bride which I embossed with my Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder after I punched it out with my Cupcake punch
Then I started thinking about how I wanted the cupcakes to be layered. I decided to pop them up on top of flowers (as it has been feeling kind of Spring-like around here lately) so I used  the new Blossom Punch and some Twitterpated DSP with coordinating 1 3/8" circles. They needed a grounding base so I pulled out my Island Indigo card stock, embossed it with the same polka dot folder as the cupcake tops but I adhered it de-bossed side up for a bit of variety.
Finally the sentiment on top and the dots below were from the Create a Cupcake stamp set. The candles (8 in number) were an afterthought and were made with my cupcake punch again. Everything is better with a  little sparkle (same goes for layouts!) so I used my Dazzling Details on the candle flames and the polka dots on the cupcakes.



Thanks for stopping by. If you like my style please become a follower and you'll never miss a post again!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment