Shabby Blogs Background

Thursday, June 21, 2012

May 2012 P12 Featuring Summer Smooches

This catches me up in my 2012 Project 12 album. What a nice feeling!
Since the main event this month was our family trip to Disneyland, I felt it appropriate to use mostly Disney pictures!


Here is the PageMaps sketch that I used (from the May 2012 sketches.)
I flipped the sketch to accommodate my chosen photos.

And here are close ups of each page.



As you can see, I didn't do a whole lot of stamping on this layout (just the 'happy birthday' underneath Greg's picture and the numbers.) Sometimes I'm "feeling" the stamping, and sometimes I'm  not. And that's okay! For this layout it was really more about playing with all the different paper patterns in the Summer Smooches collection. The red and white polka dot is NOT from Summer Smooches however, it is from another new collection called (appropriately enough) Polka Dot Parade. Check out the links below to see all the colours this comes in. It's a great set to have on hand to enhance other collections.

It was Greg's birthday on our last day at the park so I made him go to the City Hall and get a birthday button. To further highlight this picture I created a little banner below it and just stamped the 'happy birthday' sentiment from Best Dad Ever. My Basic Black ink pad needs to be re-inked so to make it look intentional I stamped off some images to give them a more faded look. 

My title. 
I cut out the letters with my Typeset Alphabet die and the numbers were stamped using one of the stamps in the Patterned Party stamp set (really finding this super versatile!!) and then fussy cut. (Also did this to get the '42' for Greg's birthday picture.) To dress it up a bit I added the pen faux stitching. I liked the stitch look so much I did it on the rest of the layout!

My journalling block.

And one last picture to highlight (you Moms out there will know why I'm highlighting this!!) Yes, this is Christine in the potty. The story is this; Christine is my last baby and while she's been wearing Pull-Ups for months now and we had been flirting with potty training, we hadn't committed 100% to the process. For many reasons, not least of which being my resistance. Not because I wished her to remain little (although that may have been a tiny part of it) but because I still retained very vivid and horrid memories of potty training Paige and didn't fancy repeating them with Christine. As it turned out I needn't have worried as she took to it very quickly (once we'd fully committed - after returning from Disneyland) and now I am revelling in the process of getting rid of things like diaper bags, change tables, diaper pails, etc etc etc. Ah, freedom!!

Thanks for stopping by. If you liked this please leave me some love! I may even visit you and return the favour!! Last but not least, here are your links.

Summer Smooches DSP
Polka Dot Parade DSP
Patterned Party stamp set
Best Dad Ever stamp set
Typeset Alphabet Die

2 comments:

  1. Love the COLOURS on this layout, that blue has got to be one of my faves!!! I love how Minnie's dress coordinates with your paper, heehee! I have yet to get into the potty training with Brenna - I actually wanted to put her on yesterday, and couldn't find her seat anywhere! What the heck did I do with it? Tell me Alison, please, I think I'm losing my mind half the time! Anyway, you must check out my last two posts, life has been pretty crazy here! Great layout, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete