Shabby Blogs Background

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Project 12 for June 2012

I'm back with another layout for my Project 12 album. July is almost finished which led me to start thinking about this project, which then led to realize I'd neglected to do my June 2012 layout. Using another sketch from Pagemaps and the Patio Party DSP collection I came up with this.


This is the sketch I used from June's Pagemaps.

Here's a close up of the left hand page. 

And the right hand page. 

As you can see I stamped a tone on tone border on 3 sides of the layout using Flowering Flourishes. I embellished some of the flowers with rhinestones - the last thing I did to finish off this layout!
Again I have used WAY more photos than the sketch called for but to keep them from overwhelming the layout I created a grid pattern and mounted them all onto Whisper White card stock. This left me with just enough journaling space for what I had to say!

Some more close ups for you .. starting with the title.

This technique should be pretty familiar to you all by now. I cut out my title using some leftover chipboard and my Typeset Alphabet die for the Big Shot. I then inked them in Baja Breeze (including inking the edges with my Baja Breeze Stampin' Write marker) and then flooded them with Cyrstal Effects.

The Patio Party DSP collection includes a sheet with lots of different patterns in strips - perfect for creating borders. I liked these banners and had originally left them uncut but felt the layout needed a bit more texture and interest. I got the idea of fussy cutting all the little banner flags out and really love the final look. It was literally a pain to do - my hand was seriously cramping by the end of it - but worth it I think!

To embellish the journaling block I played with the Reason To Smile stamp set (a special right now - see my side bar). It is a double stamp stamp set. This means you get a solid image for each flower plus the outline/detail stamp. I knew I was going to be cutting them out so I wasn't too concerned with stamping within the lines. In fact, I stamped the small blue flowers multiple time which gave them a cool layered look! Once the base colours were stamped I got out the coordinating Stampin' Write markers and added some shading and depth. I also used my blender pen to give it a more realistic look.

A closer look at the back ground stamping.

In this picture you can see the subtle texture that the solid flower stamp have.

Thanks for coming by again today. Do you document each month in any way? If so I'd love to check it out. Please leave me a link in the comments section. Hope you have a wonderful, sunny Tuesday!

Here are your links for products featured in this post.
Reason To Smile stamp set (only $5 with a purchase of $60 ENDS TODAY!)


1 comment:

  1. Hey lady, gorgeous layout, as per usual - I really love the title letters (so juicy lookin') and the double stamp set, very cool! It's warm here today but I am on the verge of checking into the loony bin if Nolan doesn't back off and leave me alone, haha! Actually, only half kidding. The shelf I just put in above my scrap table fell down at some point today, so I had a bit of clean up to do - luckily no real damage, but grrrrr! Anyway, hope your day is going better than mine, hugs, Rox.

    ReplyDelete