Shabby Blogs Background

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Iron Stamper - Card Keeper

As promised, here is the first of my Iron Stamper posts.
First up, my 3-D item - the Birthday Card Keeper.

I started with this cute little $2 suitcase from Dollarama.

I cut, inked and pasted card stock to both the inside and outside ... 


to eventually end up with this.

In my entire suite of products I decided to also feature the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' kit from the Occasions Mini so anytime you see any patterned paper or colours of card stock not in the original Iron Stamper Packet, it's from this kit. 

For the top of the lid I used my Labels Framelits Dies to create this layered frame - which is the perfect place to identify all those that might receive a card from you! The stamps are all from the Family Reunion stamp set - I love how this set covers everyone in your family!

To dress up the lid I added a couple of flowers.  
This one starts with the largest size of Paper Daisy which I had spritzed with Chocolate Chip ink using my Colour Spritzer Tool. On top of that is a stamped, embossed and punched out Regal Rose flower made by using the Mixed Bunch stamp set, white embossing powder and the Blossom punch. Then I added another, smaller, Paper Daisy (also spritzed), a stamped 3/4" circle of Lucky Limeade and a Large Pearl. As a final step I sprayed the entire flower lightly with alcohol spray which made the Chocolate Chip on the top Paper Daisy run to create a cool water colour look. When that top Paper Daisy was wet I scrunched it up and didn't un-scrunch it until it was dry! Oh, and the leaves were made by stamping another image from Mixed Bunch with Lucky Limeade, punching it out with the Blossom punch and then cutting the flower into thirds! 

The other flower on the lid is a simpler version of the one above only this time I didn't spray the whole thing with Alcohol ink.

Here's another look at the front again.
Around the handles (mostly to hide the horrible cut job!) I used more Blossom punched flowers cut to fit plus some of the DSP from the Spring Fever kit. I finished it off by tying a bow with the Whisper White 5/8" Taffeta Ribbon. 

Here is a picture of it open and filled with cards.

Thanks for checking me out! If you enjoy what you see please do leave a comment and make sure you're a follower as I've got a whole week devoted to all the Iron Stamper items you see in this picture above. I wouldn't want you to miss any of them!





1 comment:

  1. Yeah, this is great, love that little suitcase! I really like the flowers around the handle, too, what a great idea! I have a box for my photos that's been undecorated for several years, it's rather sad - I just don't feel confident with altered items, yet. One day, I'll give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete