Shabby Blogs Background

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Iron Stamper - You're A-Maze-ing Card

Hi there. Thanks for continuing to check out my Iron Stamper submissions. If you're new to this series and want to start at the beginning please go here.

Today I am showing you the card I made using the Maze Game piece from the Occasions Mini.
I'll admit to being totally stumped when I saw the Maze in our Iron Stamper kit. There is a coordinating stamp set which is really cute - mouse, cheese, ... let me show you.
Now, I don't own this stamp set but I really wanted the image so ... I took the catalogue, colour photocopied it, cut it out and voila! My card was born! I know, I know, this is technically cheating but ... I prefer to think of it as being resourceful!! :)



My card base is a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock. I then took a piece of Whisper White card stock, ran it through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions folder and layered it onto a piece of Regal Rose card stock. The hole is made with my 2-1/2" Circle Punch. It was a bit tricky punching through all the layers but with a little effort I was able to. The Stampin' Up! punches are super durable!!
I dressed up the front of the card with layers of Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight and Regal Rose card stock punched using my Scallop Edge Border Punch and a piece of the 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon in Blushing Bride for some textural variety and a bit a sheen.
The sentiment was cut out of the photo copy I made earlier and layered onto Blushing Bride and then a Chocolate Chip banner I made using the Take It To Heart stamp set from the Occasions Mini.


Here's a close up of the Maze Game peaking through the card front. I added some Regal Rose and Daffodil Delight hearts made with my Fashionable Hearts Embosslits  Die.

Thanks again for stopping. Please leave a comment so I know you were here and to get you into the running for a little prize I've decided to hand out at the end of this series. If you liked what you saw and don't want to miss the rest of the series please become a follower!
I also wanted to remind you that time is rapidly running out to get FREE SALE-A-BRATION ITEMS WITH PURCHASES OF $60.  Sale-a-Bration ends on Saturday March 31st so there are only a few days left!! 
And finally, sign up to receive my newsletter by entering your email address in the box in the side bar and you will receive a FREE COUPON with April's newsletter.

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute! I wouldn't know what to do with a maze, but I like the sentiment they chose to go in the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete