Shabby Blogs Background

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Iron Stamper - Two Quick Cards Today!

Tomorrow will be my last post in this series and will feature an Easter card that will knock your socks off! Be sure to check back!!

Before I get started I just want to remind you that SALE-A-BRATION ENDS TODAY AT 10:59PM PST!!! Get your orders in to me for your last chance to earn free products this year. Check out the brochure to see all the great products you can earn for free by clicking the ad on the side bar to your right. To see what is available in the Occasions Mini or the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalogue click on the links - remember a $60 order (pre-tax etc) earns you ONE FREE PRODUCT from the Sale-a-Bration brochure.

Okay, on to today's cards. These are SUPER simple cards featuring the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' kit in the Occasions Mini.

What did I tell you? Super simple, right? But fun and something I'd be happy to receive. What about you?
I started with my Daffodil Delight card base. I trimmed about a 1/2" off one side and then used my Scallop Trim Border punch on that shortened side. I then backed it with a piece of Whisper White. The banner is one of the border stickers from the kit - cut down to fit. I dressed it up with some of the smallest sized Paper Daisies and a Basic Pearl Jewel accent. To colour the paper daisies (they come in white only) I simply placed them on my ink pad (I think I used Blushing Bride but I can't remember now - oops!) and used my tweezers to push them into the pad until they were saturated with colour. Allow them to dry thoroughly before trying to glue them to the card OR the pearls to them!!
A simple sentiment (this one is from my absolute favourite stamp set from Sale-a-Bration - Elementary Elegance) stamped in Chocolate chip and your card is finished.

Next up, an Easter inspired card. 

I started with a base of Daffodil Delight again but this time I made a 5" square card. I layered a piece of the patterned paper from the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' kit over top. Then a 3" circle of the Melon Mambo textured card stock from the kit which I cut out using my 3" Circle Originals Die and my Big Shot. The rest of the card is made up of various stickers from the kit simply layered on top of each other in a pleasing manner.

The middle one I popped up with Dimensionals for some added interest.

There you are. Two cards which took me probably 15 minutes to make ... total!! Sometimes it's not so much the level of detail or the amount of product you put onto the card but the act of actually sending or giving a card that matters. So having an arsenal of quick and easy cards to pull out when the occasion calls for it is priceless!

Thanks for stopping by. Remember to leave a comment on this or any of the posts in this series to be entered to win a little prize (go here to start at the beginning). Bonus entries if you become a follower or sign up to receive my newsletter. It will be winging it's way electronically tomorrow and contains a valuable coupon and information about upcoming classes. You don't want to miss it so enter your email address in the box in my side bar right now!! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute banner, sure makes it easier with the stickers :)

    ReplyDelete