Shabby Blogs Background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Iron Stamper - Class-Style Card

Welcome back! Are you enjoying this series? Please leave a comment and at the end of the series I will draw a name and send them a little goody bag!

Today we are taking a look at a Class-Style Card. This is the type of card that had more layers and uses more techniques so it generally doesn't get done during workshops purely due to time constraints. This one takes the general premise of my 5-Minute Card from yesterday and adds to it. 

As you can see, I've started with the Hello, Doily stamp on the base piece of Whisper White card stock. This time though I've stamped it in Lucky Limeade. Then I created the embellishments. 
First up is the layered square. I started with a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock which I stamped with an image from Mixed Bunch in both Daffodil Delight and Blushing Bride. I layered it onto a piece of Chocolate Chip and then a piece of Regal Rose. I wrapped the whole thing with the 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon, tied a knot, added some Basic Pearls and a Large Pearl and called it done!

Here's a close up of the pearl accents, ribbon etc.

Once I attached the square embellishment I knew I wanted to add another embellishment into the middle of the doily image. I punched out a Blossom, inked the edges with Chocolate Chip then layered on a Fleurettes II Accents and Elements and a stamped Lucky Limeade circle (image taken from Mixed Bunch).

There you go. Hopefully I've shown you how you can take a simple card and jazz it up to make it whatever you want it to be.

Reminders: this is the FINAL WEEK to earn FREE Sale-A-Bration products with every order. Purchases of $60 get you one free item!
Sign up for my newsletter in the side bar to receive a FREE COUPON with April's newsletter.
Leave a comment to win a prize at the end of this series - become a follower so you don't miss out on any of the series!

2 comments:

  1. It's really beautiful, love the pop of yellow, and is that flower crocheted? I'm just trying to figure out how to do that myself, with mixed results, haha! I also really love how you've tied the ribbon and added the pearls - gorgeous little details, they just make the card complete! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I really like the doily stamp and the crochet flower :)

    ReplyDelete